So, eventful weekend again, you ask? Yes indeed, my friend. Yes indeed.
Facts:
Monday: Saw the boyfriend at the French Revolution party. Had a great time. My friends loved him. He said he loved me.
Tuesday: Sent him an email at noon, since he had not written anything yet. Emailed back and forth about 3 times.
Wednesday: Same as Tuesday, except there were only 2 emails back.
Thursday: He emailed and then called, telling me maybe we could meet after work at some point. By 9:30 he told me he was still at work and staying late. We did not meet. However, I did meet Mr. Lychee martini. About 4 times. Hence the hangover the next day.
Friday: Totally hungover. Did not initiate contact. He emailed an apology about how busy he's been with work, to which I replied as any mature, intelligent grown-up would (I understand, yadda yadda yadda, I miss you). He asked what my plans were. I said I would update him on them as they came to see if we could meet later (no set plans at the time except to go to the terrace at the Met. Beautiful view. Not so beautiful cocktails, but hey. The view is great). By 9:30 he told me he was going home because he was too tired. I proceeded to get as drunk as a skunk.
Saturday: Txt-ed him asking if he was rested from the night before. Responded with: "Yes. I'm at golf course. How was your evening." To which I replied: "Great dinner, must take you there (FYI: Allen and Delancey. Go check it out if you can). Did you miss me?" He said: "yes I do". End of conversation. Didn't hear from him the rest of the day.
Sunday: Got another txt (apparently, the guy can't use the phone in the regular, old-fashioned way) asking me to go to brunch. We did. Spent a total of two hours (at the most). He said he had to go to the office, so I offered to see him after if he finished work early. Now, here's where things got interesting.
At 5:23 I got a txt saying: "Sorry, it seems like I'll be here for a while. Let's just plan on meeting tomorrow. Miss you". Of course I responded with some sappy txt saying "Poor thing. You work too hard. Hope you get out of there at a decent hour. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow."
At 7:00 PM, my friends (who knew that the Boyfriend was at work) called me from Cafe Noir, to tell me that the Boyfriend was not actually at work. He was there. Drinking. With a group of people.
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!
So, of course I reacted the way any mature, intelligent grown-up would. I got dressed, and took a cab over to the place in question. Unfortunately, due to traffic and a moronic driver, I got there too late. He had already left. I sent him a text:
Me: Hey you. How's work?
BF: Boring. How was pedicure (I did get a super-expensive pedicure, BTW. My toes officially twinkle)?
Me: Nice. Didn't know you had an office at Cafe Noir.
BF: I don't. Left. Popped by to see my friends "x" and "y". BTW, the manager is a good friend of mine. You can ask him all about me.
...
Of course, I proceeded to get insanely drunk, and ended up making out with the other manager, who happens to be very French, and very hot. Exactly. A very mature and intelligent grown-up response indeed. Didn't get to work untill noon on Monday, so you can picture the hangover. Thankfully, said hangover prenvented me from feeling anything other than a wicked headache and nausea, which was good. I am headed over to Employees Only (another joint with GREAT cocktails) to get me another hangover for tomorrow right now. YAY!!