Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tax season

It's been interesting, this past week. So many things to face. Ladies and gentlemen: here is my life.

And, as I sit here, downing my fifth glass of wine, trying to think happy thoughts or something resembling so, a commercial for some animal shelter comes up, and I'm thinking stop this, I cannot even watch that stupid commercial with sick puppies and sad eyes and then I think "what about sick, sad people?" "What about me?" "Will somebody come and rescue me too?".

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my pathetic, sad, senseless little life. But I am stubborn as hell, so I will hold on. No need to call 911 yet.

Never mind about my stupid birthday coming up. Or the pathetic call for attention above. I am fine. I always am.

In other news, my therapist asked me today how many dates I've been on this year... I doubt there are enough masochists in this city to endure going out with me in the state I'm in. Any volunteers?